Thoughts on death and pain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on death and pain

Basically, I came across this article on how ensuring a faster and painless death might be better. Interesting stuff. How do you people deal with death and mortality? Are you scared of it? What do you think hapoens after? Here's fhe article FYI :https://aeon.co/essays/why-do-we-giv...give-ourselves
    Starts
    May 15th, 2018
    Ends
    May 16th, 2018

Originally posted by Randoguy View Post
    Basically, I came across this article on how ensuring a faster and painless death might be better. Interesting stuff. How do you people deal with death and mortality? Are you scared of it? What do you think hapoens after? Here's fhe article FYI :https://aeon.co/essays/why-do-we-giv...give-ourselves
    The only way to die properly is slowly and painfully. How else do you feel alive if you don't live? Funny you bring up that article, haven't read but the title so I assume they're talking about euthanization, which I assume the title refers to when they say it is a better death than humans get. Which is what Oneiro and I were talking about in a different thread. This is exactly why I joked and called him a pacifist. Not sure if he got the joke, though.

You don't really give any specifications on this so that's as much as I'll comment on this.

Comment

I gave the article a quick look, I have a better idea of what you mean. The reason why humans aren't euthanized is because we put more value in human life. Is it right to prolong human life even if the quality of life goes down and they want to pull the plug? This is a hard question and it boils down to what most people see as right. For me, they should have the option to end their life peacefully if they elect to.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
        I gave the article a quick look, I have a better idea of what you mean. The reason why humans aren't euthanized is because we put more value in human life. Is it right to prolong human life even if the quality of life goes down and they want to pull the plug? This is a hard question and it boils down to what most people see as right. For me, they should have the option to end their life peacefully if they elect to.
        Yeah the issue of having a choice to die peacefully matters a lot. Especially how populations are aging more and living longer.

Comment

life is death and pain and hedgehogs

Comment

I'm not really afraid to die, but I'm afraid of the idea of dying before I have the chance to do all the things I wanna do. I wanna die very old lol. I also wanna have like a celebratory drink before I die, like a fuck you to life and to death. Everyone gets shots on me, even the great grand kids. Mostly I'm ok with my mortality and I'm ok with dying, but dying on my terms. And then I'll go to heaven and the party won't stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post
              I'm not really afraid to die, but I'm afraid of the idea of dying before I have the chance to do all the things I wanna do. I wanna die very old lol. I also wanna have like a celebratory drink before I die, like a fuck you to life and to death. Everyone gets shots on me, even the great grand kids. Mostly I'm ok with my mortality and I'm ok with dying, but dying on my terms. And then I'll go to heaven and the party won't stop.
              That's a good point. I'm similar I guess

Comment

Having never experienced death, I'm not sure what to think of it.

I believe righteous people who believe in God go to Heaven when they die. Evil people who disbelieve in God or who claim to believe in God but are evil anyway, they go to Hell. I have had visions of the Heaven of Heavens as well as the first two layers of Hell, so I am confident they exist. The True Creator doesn't lie; Heaven and Hell are real places you can go whenever you die.

Don't pray in the name of Jesus, because God is not a man.
                Pray in the name of Wisdom and Understanding.

Beg for forgiveness, beg for salvation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post
                  I hate to burst your bubble, but drunkenness is forbidden in Heaven. Heaven is not a party, you still have work and responsibilities. It's like a repeat of this life, only no sinning idiots around to ruin it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
                    Having never experienced death, I'm not sure what to think of it.

I believe righteous people who believe in God go to Heaven when they die. Evil people who disbelieve in God or who claim to believe in God but are evil anyway, they go to Hell. I have had visions of the Heaven of Heavens as well as the first two layers of Hell, so I am confident they exist. The True Creator doesn't lie; Heaven and Hell are real places you can go whenever you die.

Don't pray in the name of Jesus, because God is not a man.
                    Pray in the name of Wisdom and Understanding.

Beg for forgiveness, beg for salvation!
                    I that there is a higher power. Not sure of the other. I think you go back to being a part of nothing, and not being anything.

Comment

Every moment you spend fearing death and pain is a moment you aren't spending indulging life and pleasure.

Every man dies. Not every man truly lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
                        Every moment you spend fearing death and pain is a moment you aren't spending indulging life and pleasure.

Every man dies. Not every man truly lives.
                        True dat. You should try and understand that your time is limited, and use it for something.

Comment

I hate to burst your bubble, but drunkenness is forbidden in Heaven. Heaven is not a party, you still have work and responsibilities. It's like a repeat of this life, only no sinning idiots around to ruin it.
                          Then why the fuck do people think it's worth getting to?
                          Originally posted by Wade
                          It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

Originally posted by Wade
                          I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                            Then why the fuck do people think it's worth getting to?
                            Ripirino

Comment

My bubble isn't bursted because if heaven was all work then nobody would want to go there lmao. It's paradise, that means endless awesome, not more bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Randoguy View Post

Yeah the issue of having a choice to die peacefully matters a lot. Especially how populations are aging more and living longer.
                                Just saw an article today that said California was going to legalize death via drugs. They must have seen this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

Just saw an article today that said California was going to legalize death via drugs. They must have seen this thread.
                                  Dammit, theyre copying us! To the van!

Comment

Working...
                                  X