Any of you interested in history or social sciences or acedemics on general

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you interested in history or social sciences or acedemics on general

I will finish my undergraduate in history soon, and I really like the subject, and finding out about people and places and why. Any of you here interested in acedemics, and what? How do you conduct resarch and verify ideas in your field? That's very interesting.

I like history, mostly the cool parts. Math too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post
      I like history, mostly the cool parts. Math too.
      Cool parts as in?

Comment

Yes, I like history alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Beholder View Post
          Yes, I like history alot.
          Anything specific? I really like Mediveal Indian history and mediveal history. I also wanna learn about Africa, Iran, Russia and Latin America.

Comment

Originally posted by Randoguy View Post
            Cool parts as in?
            Like pirates, the wild west, samurai, vikings, old paganism, medieval ages, ancient Greece, you know the times when they didn't have modern technology and things were epic and not boring.

Comment

Anything specific? I really like Mediveal Indian history and mediveal history. I also wanna learn about Africa, Iran, Russia and Latin America.
              I can help a bit with Russian history, although mostly in the Soviet era (I have knowledge of Russia pre-revolution, but not as much comparative to the Soviet era; I hope to learn more in that regard).

To be on topic, I am interested in history too. Mostly 20th century history, usually wars are in my interest in that area, but I'm not majoring in history.
              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; May 10th, 2018, 08:23 AM.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667
              2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

I can help a bit with Russian history, although mostly in the Soviet era (I have knowledge of Russia pre-revolution, but not as much comparative to the Soviet era; I hope to learn more in that regard).

To be on topic, I am interested in history too. Mostly 20th century history, usually wars are in my interest in that area, but I'm not majoring in history.
                Of course its the soviet era
                Originally posted by Oneiros
                In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post

Like pirates, the wild west, samurai, vikings, old paganism, medieval ages, ancient Greece, you know the times when they didn't have modern technology and things were epic and not boring.
                  Look up Alexander's conquests, the harrapan civilization in India, the Babylonian empires. These are a lot already. And technically wild west is mordern technology.

Comment

What sources are useful?

Comment

What Wars? Local? International? SSmall scale? What part of it? Weapons ?Strategy? Ethics? Composition? Result?

Comment

What sources are useful?
                        I've had a lot of sources, but mostly from all over the place. I just kind of look around and see what I can find. The Gulag Archipelago is a good book on the matter of general history at around that time, but it's limited. In terms of the history of the Soviet era, just check and see if it's the Marxists and their sympathizers that are telling you anything about it.

They'll be lying to you in exactly the same way that Hitler's fanboys do.

"The Cold War" documentary series is pretty good at getting an idea of the USSR's general history on the global stage after WW2.

Mostly I just look around, though.

What Wars? Local? International? Small scale? What part of it? Weapons ?Strategy? Ethics? Composition? Result?
                        Usually the relatively big ones. Bolded answers what part.

2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

I'm gonna guess that I share most people's enjoyment of history only to a certain extent- that is to say, I don't do any independent research or anything but I enjoy learning fun facts that other people tell me.
                          Originally posted by Wade
                          It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

Originally posted by Wade
                          I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

[QUOTE=RussianCoffeeAddict;n488296]

I've had a lot of sources, but mostly from all over the place. I just kind of look around and see what I can find. The Gulag Archipelago is a good book on the matter of general history at around that time, but it's limited. In terms of the history of the Soviet era, just check and see if it's the Marxists and their sympathizers that are telling you anything about it.

"The Cold War" documentary series is pretty good at getting an idea of the USSR's general history on the global stage after WW2.

I'll check those out. And I'll use the Cambridge history too. So wars on the level of Russo Japanese war ?

Comment

That's more than good enough. Most people don't have the time or inclination to resarch. To try to learn more in a positive thing and shows growth.

Comment

I'll check those out. And I'll use the Cambridge history too. So wars on the level of Russo Japanese war ?
                                That or above, although I haven't found too much on the Russo-Japanese war.

I've also tried to learn more about Napolean, but I haven't found too much about him (as much as I'd like to, that is).

Comment

That or above, although I haven't found too much on the Russo-Japanese war.

I've also tried to learn more about Napolean, but I haven't found too much about him (as much as I'd like to, that is).
                                  really? I thought there would be tons of stuff. Which places do you look in?

Comment

really? I thought there would be tons of stuff. Which places do you look in?
                                    I mean, I did find some stuff, just not as much as I wanted.

I didn't find something that was free and comprehensive in the manner I desired, that is.

Guess I just haven't looked hard enough.

Comment

Asian history, european history, war history, empires, and just overall I end up reading alot about different subjects on history, whether it be related to religion, war, development or just how it was lived back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Beholder View Post

Asian history, european history, war history, empires, and just overall I end up reading alot about different subjects on history, whether it be related to religion, war, development or just how it was lived back then.
                                        Any favourites in these? I really find how People lived and worked to be interesting. And how states legitimized themselves and power worked.

Comment

Working...
                                        X