Clear All

Libertarians are autistic

it all makes sense, just look at:
    A New Soul

http://reason.com/blog/2011/07/20/be...n-may-cause-au

@Yu
    Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

Comment

Autists lack empathy, Libertarians support abolishing government assistance programs that help over 20% of this country. The platform is based around the idea that if you do absolutely nothing (collect taxes, regulate products, enforce laws) that the free market will magically fix everything. Sounds pretty autistic to me.
      Dennis: Charlie can't read.

Frank: He'll adapt.

Dennis: He'll adapt to reading?

Comment

...article heading is backwards. Should be "being autistic causes libertarianism," not "being libertarian causes autism."

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
          ...article heading is backwards. Should be "being autistic causes libertarianism," not "being libertarian causes autism."
          Yeah everyone knows that vaccines cause autism
          Originally posted by Wade;n484984
          As Bill Cosby once said, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

Comment

Discredits itself with that title.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
              Autists lack empathy, Libertarians support abolishing government assistance programs that help over 20% of this country. The platform is based around the idea that if you do absolutely nothing (collect taxes, regulate products, enforce laws) that the free market will magically fix everything. Sounds pretty autistic to me.
              It's the opposite
              The bernie crowd are the ones who truly lack empathy, demanding things like free school and healthcare just because they want free shit even if it means everyone has less money in their pocket to do with what they want.

Free market isn't about being able to solve the world's problems, it's about giving people the freedom to do things with their money.
              Look at the US, it has one of the highest charity donation rates of any country in the world

Comment

Originally posted by A New Soul View Post

It's the opposite
                The bernie crowd are the ones who truly lack empathy, demanding things like free school and healthcare just because they want free shit even if it means everyone has less money in their pocket to do with what they want.

Free market isn't about being able to solve the world's problems, it's about giving people the freedom to do things with their money.
                Look at the US, it has one of the highest charity donation rates of any country in the world
                Or we can cut our military spending and pay for it with the savings, as someone who actually pays taxes I would much prefer my money was spent on making sure everyone has access to secondary schooling and basic healthcare as opposed to bombing some empty buildings. Your logic only makes sense if we all paid zero taxes but since they are already taking the money it should be spent on improving our country instead of destroying someone else's.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Or we can cut our military spending and pay for it with the savings, as someone who actually pays taxes I would much prefer my money was spent on making sure everyone has access to secondary schooling and basic healthcare as opposed to bombing some empty buildings. Your logic only makes sense if we all paid zero taxes but since they are already taking the money it should be spent on improving our country instead of destroying someone else's.
                  Military spending is kind of tricky.
                  I'm sure we can all agree hands down military is the most important thing there is because even if we had a great economy, healthcare, sciences,arts, etc it doesn't matter if some assholes come marching in and steam roll us.

I kind of think the goverment should give people the option to elect where their taxes go, or at least a chunk of it.
                  People would be more for social programs if we didn't see them get outright abused so often (Like people buying cigs and beer with foodstamps or whatever)

Comment

I'm sure we can all agree hands down military is the most important thing there is because even if we had a great economy, healthcare, sciences,arts, etc it doesn't matter if some assholes come marching in and steam roll us.

I kind of think the goverment should give people the option to elect where their taxes go, or at least a chunk of it.
                    People would be more for social programs if we didn't see them get outright abused so often (Like people buying cigs and beer with foodstamps or whatever)
                    We have more military spending then the next 8 countries combined, you aren't going to tell me that we can afford to provide our citizens with basic healthcare (something other countries already do) when the Pentagons own internal study found $125 billion dollars in waste. Universal healthcare would put an extra $120 dollars a month in my pocket, some shiny new tanks that the military has said they don't even want do jack shit for me or anyone else.

Comment

The US also offers some of the highest tax incentives for those donations. Weird how that works.

Comment

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-sur...ing-1450062191

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

huh that's weird it didn't show me that before but now it is

Comment

Yeah. A lot of social services seem to encourage people to stay at a certain level rather than to actually excel in the system. Affirmative action also seems to be a social program that just discriminates people rather than helping now, from what I've heard (Asians apparently get college applications purposely denied compared to lesser candidates because of it, I've heard, and if it really does significantly lower the standards of entry for black people to get in, it needs to go; it's just wasting space for a better program).

In regards to the military, you're right that it's the most important, but we don't need as much spending as we do, lol. I think electing some taxes, not all, to be allocated to spending in certain areas of one's choosing is good; it can bridge the gap between a hideous majority dictating spending, and a hideous government dictating spending.
                              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; April 11th, 2018, 09:13 PM.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667
                              2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

Usually you get a couple free articles per month. It's pretty lame, it's made keeping up with political news difficult since NYT and WSJ both do this now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Usually you get a couple free articles per month. It's pretty lame, it's made keeping up with political news difficult since NYT and WSJ both do this now.
                                  It's fucking gay, honestly. I mean, I'm not particularly fond of either, but it's still faggot money grabbing.

Maybe they're retaliating against the ad blocking crowd.

2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                                    It's fucking gay, honestly. I mean, I'm not particularly fond of either, but it's still faggot money grabbing.

Maybe they're retaliating against the ad blocking crowd.
                                    In all fairness to them... Print subscriptions are nearly nonexistent and with the internet as a near infinite bastion of knowledge, it's difficult to convince younger people to pay for digital subscriptions. They have to make their money somewhere or they'll go out of business. Ads used to be that revenue outlet. But with so many people using mobile phones to do most of their internet browsing and those mobile phones natively blocking a ton of different types of ads... There's just not going to be a lot of revenue if they don't force people to pay for subscriptions.

It sucks for sure. But it's also becoming necessary.

Comment

On the topic of social program abuses...
                                      Apparently the Trumpster is doing this to try and get people off of food stamps.

Comment

Just go to the article in incognito mode

Comment

Working...
                                        X