what are you doing @shek haha

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helly View Post

He kinda did when he told Saul to warn Hank about another attempt on his life after Gus took him out to the desert and threatened his family. Yea, he was planning on disappearing along with his family shortly thereafter, but I wouldn't trust even that could have gotten him away from Gus tbh.

I mean, they had plot armour, sure, but that doesn't really matter when we're analyzing the show from an IRL point of view where we don't know if things will turn out okay or not. If BB were a documentary on a real occurrence , we'd view Walt as an impulsive sociopath regardless of how well-off his family ended up.

But what made him change his mind? That's what I forgot, but I definitely remember that Walt had a good thing going with Gus before he started....yknow...bald'ing. Gus was ruthless, sure, but he never struck me as the type who would off someone without .a reason. That's not to say that I think highly of him, far from it, but his ugly side only came out whenever Walt would step out of line. Gus is not without blame, but Walt could have easily avoided causing as much conflict as he did.
    I'm not denying that Walt was a bad guy, but you've really gotta stop with these "What-if?" scenarios. =/

I can do it too... What if Todd was actually fucked up the ass by his Uncle Jack and him being a dead-eyed child-killing fuck is not entirely his fault? Come off it, lol. You'll drive yourself crazy thinking about hypotheticals because the possibilities are quite literally endless. What matters is that Skyler and Flynn didn't suffer so much as a scratch (well, at least until the former metaphorically Bald'ed and tried killing Walt out of the blue and he understandably fought back, but that's neither here nor there).

What'd I tell you to do a few posts ago, lol. "Refer to the episode 'Full Measure'." If you cba to re-watch a few scenes, just look up the synopsis on Wiki or something. Gus planned to have the Bald and Jesse offed... and it wasn't necessarily the Bald's fault. As for him "never striking you as the type," duh. This was a well-respected businessman and philanthropist who donated to various anti-narcotics charities when he was low-key a drug kingpin, lol. That's the whole point of Gus' character; he comes across as this unassuming, unremarkable-looking guy. By the time you find out who he truly is, if ever, it's far too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

I'm not denying that Walt was a bad guy, but you've really gotta stop with these "What-if?" scenarios. =/

I can do it too... What if Todd was actually fucked up the ass by his Uncle Jack and him being a dead-eyed child-killing fuck is not entirely his fault? Come off it, lol. You'll drive yourself crazy thinking about hypotheticals because the possibilities are quite literally endless. What matters is that Skyler and Flynn didn't suffer so much as a scratch (well, at least until the former metaphorically Bald'ed and tried killing Walt out of the blue and he understandably fought back, but that's neither here nor there).

What'd I tell you to do a few posts ago, lol. "Refer to the episode 'Full Measure'." If you cba to re-watch a few scenes, just look up the synopsis on Wiki or something. Gus planned to have the Bald and Jesse offed... and it wasn't necessarily the Bald's fault. As for him "never striking you as the type," duh. This was a well-respected businessman and philanthropist who donated to various anti-narcotics charities when he was low-key a drug kingpin, lol. That's the whole point of Gus' character; he comes across as this unassuming, unremarkable-looking guy. By the time you find out who he truly is, if ever, it's far too late.
      Ok sure, maybe the first part of my reply was too speculative. Js, tho, Gus had men errwhere, he was super-connected. If it had been just my life at risk, I'd like to think I woulda stuck my neck out for Hank (especially considering, yknow, it woulda been my fault that he got himself into that mess) but the dude threatened his wife and two kids, the kids didnt kno shit about what was going on and it woulda been especially unfair to potentially endanger them.

well, the what-ifs actually matter here tho....because Walt did put Hank on that course with Gus. He endangered Hank. If he hadnt, there would be substantially less blame to be put on Walt

Ah, i see....I had forgotten all about that incident with Jesse's friend and the kid. But hold on a second, there's something else I'm seeing here

Walt tells Gus that Jesse is on the run and suggests that Gus has two options: Kill Walt and spend months searching for Jesse, which seems rather pointless - Or, "consider this a lone hiccup in an otherwise long and fruitful business arrangement." Gus accedes, but insists on choosing Walt's new lab assistant.
      "Long and fruitful business arrangement" makes it sound like Walt knew they had a good thing going before things went screwy.

Also, what I meant by "he doesnt seem like the type" is simply that Gus doesn't off people for no reason. He's a killer, no doubt, but he's not engaged in sensless delinquency the way Tuco was.

Comment

Ok sure, maybe the first part of my reply was too speculative. Js, tho, Gus had men errwhere, he was super-connected. If it had been just my life at risk, I'd like to think I woulda stuck my neck out for Hank (especially considering, yknow, it woulda been my fault that he got himself into that mess) but the dude threatened his wife and two kids, the kids didnt kno shit about what was going on and it woulda been especially unfair to potentially endanger them.

well, the what-ifs actually matter here tho....because Walt did put Hank on that course with Gus. He endangered Hank. If he hadnt, there would be substantially less blame to be put on Walt

Ah, i see....I had forgotten all about that incident with Jesse's friend and the kid. But hold on a second, there's something else I'm seeing here

"Long and fruitful business arrangement" makes it sound like Walt knew they had a good thing going before things went screwy.

Also, what I meant by "he doesnt seem like the type" is simply that Gus doesn't off people for no reason. He's a killer, no doubt, but he's not engaged in sensless delinquency the way Tuco was.
        Yes, because sitting back and doing nothing as your kids lose their uncle and, maybe, their aunt as well is definitely "fair" to them. lol

Never mind that the only member of the White family who isn't completely unlovable is the tyke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, they did. Until Gus tried to out-Bald the Bald.

Never claimed it was "senseless"...? Not only did Gus think of Walter as uncontrollable--a wild card--he saw him as potential competition. He was just trying to secure his future as evinced by Walt seizing power in the vacuum left by Gus' death.

-EDIT- P.S. Earlier, I believe you were asking for proof that Gus tried to kill Jesse. Well, the excerpt you yourself posted proves it (which, in a delicious twist of irony, is a striking parallel to what happened to his own buddy at the hands of his self-appointed nemesis, the late Don Eladio). Like I said... Not a nice guy, that Gus. :/
        Last edited by Oneiros; March 9th, 2018, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Yes, because sitting back and doing nothing as your kids lose their uncle and, maybe, their aunt as well is definitely "fair" to them. lol

Never mind that the only member of the White family who isn't completely unlovable is the tyke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, they did. Until Gus tried to out-Bald the Bald.

Never claimed it was "senseless"...? Not only did Gus think of Walter as uncontrollable--a wild card--he saw him as potential competition. He was just trying to secure his future as evinced by Walt seizing power in the vacuum left by Gus' death.

-EDIT- P.S. Earlier, I believe you were asking for proof that Gus tried to kill Jesse. Well, the excerpt you yourself posted proves it (which, in a delicious twist of irony, is a striking parallel to what happened to his own buddy at the hands of his self-appointed nemesis, the late Don Eladio). Like I said... Not a nice guy, that Gus. :/
          Well, he should have thought of the risk before he thrust Hank, another family member, into harm's way.

Gus only balded on Walt when the situation started to take some very abrupt turns, tho....turns caused by Jesse and Walt. Things were fine when Walt was with Gale the first time.

to ur edit: ye i know, id forgotten about the incident entirely. Walt and Jesse seem to negatively impact alot of the kids they come into contact with (or in this case, kids whose family they got involved with) lol

Comment

Well, he should have thought of the risk before he thrust Hank, another family member, into harm's way.

Gus only balded on Walt when the situation started to take some very abrupt turns, tho....turns caused by Jesse and Walt. Things were fine when Walt was with Gale the first time.

to ur edit: ye i know, id forgotten about the incident entirely. Walt and Jesse seem to negatively impact alot of the kids they come into contact with (or in this case, kids whose family they got involved with) lol
            Nice little catch-22 you've got set up there. How DARE Walter put Hank at risk (even though it's, like, the main aspect of his job description). But ah--how DARE he try to make up for that egregious ego-driven error by trying to save Hank and going on the run with his immediate family (because trying to save everyone instead of just someone is a bad thing now). xP

Yes... Abrupt "turns" like killing scumbags who killed kids at Gus' behest, kids he'd indirectly coerced into working the corner in the first place, on the off chance that they'd snitch even though they didn't know who or what he was. Your boy was Bald'ing all over the place well before Walt.

Jesse by proxy, maybe, but directly? Nah. He's always given people who hurt kids a dirt nap with Walt being the sole exception since he couldn't bring himself to pull the trigger.

Comment

Nice little catch-22 you've got set up there. How DARE Walter put Hank at risk (even though it's, like, the main aspect of his job description). But ah--how DARE he try to make up for that egregious ego-driven error by trying to save Hank and going on the run with his immediate family (because trying to save everyone instead of just someone is a bad thing now). xP

Yes... Abrupt "turns" like killing scumbags who killed kids at Gus' behest, kids he'd indirectly coerced into working the corner in the first place, on the off chance that they'd snitch even though they didn't know who or what he was. Your boy was Bald'ing all over the place well before Walt.

Jesse by proxy, maybe, but directly? Nah. He's always given people who hurt kids a dirt nap with Walt being the sole exception since he couldn't bring himself to pull the trigger.
              Yes well it is quite problematic, I never said it wasn't lol. But it was preventable.

Ye, Gus is also a bald, we have established this, but my point is he had "reason" to off Jess. Walt and co had a considerable amount of control over their own personal safety in the Gus environment, it wasnt just a complete madhouse like with Tuco.

tru....on an unrelated note lol dude we've been having this autistic convo for awhile now, i think we might just have to agree to disagree

Comment

Yes well it is quite problematic, I never said it wasn't lol. But it was preventable.

Ye, Gus is also a bald, we have established this, but my point is he had "reason" to off Jess. Walt and co had a considerable amount of control over their own personal safety in the Gus environment, it wasnt just a complete madhouse like with Tuco.

tru....on an unrelated note lol dude we've been having this autistic convo for awhile now, i think we might just have to agree to disagree
                Doubtful. A Bald is a Bald is a Bald. Unlike you, however, I don't care to crucify Walt for attempting to make up for his mistake(s) when we already have plenty of stuff that we can justifiably crucify him over.

Again--agreed. Gus wasn't simply a brutal thug like BB's Tuco (seeing as he actually had some depth in BCS); there was a method to his madness.

I mean, civilly discussing and analyzing this masterpiece is far less autistic than your nonstop pissing contest with 83 & Kajin in the Israel thread (fun as it may seem from the perspective of a bystander); but sure, we can drop it if you'd like. Kinda funny how this thread evolved from me calling out Kelby for being pro-Bald and you making a [satirical] pro-Bald argument to me playing Devil's advocate and going pro-Bald and you revealing to low-key be as staunchly anti-Bald as Marcus himself, though...
                Last edited by Oneiros; March 10th, 2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Doubtful. A Bald is a Bald is a Bald. Unlike you, however, I don't care to crucify Walt for attempting to make up for his mistake(s) when we already have plenty of stuff that we can justifiably crucify him over.

Again--agreed. Gus wasn't simply a brutal thug like BB's Tuco (seeing as he actually had some depth in BCS); there was a method to his madness.

I mean, civilly discussing and analyzing this masterpiece is far less autistic than your nonstop pissing contest with 83 & Kajin in the Israel thread (fun as it may seem from the perspective of a bystander); but sure, we can drop it if you'd like. Kinda funny how this thread evolved from me calling out Kelby for being pro-Bald and you making a [satirical] pro-Bald argument to me playing Devil's advocate and going pro-Bald and you revealing to low-key be as staunchly anti-Bald as Marcus himself, though...
                  It's not the making up that bothers me so much as the fact that he wouldnt have anything to make up in the first place if he had kept his greed ang ego in check tbh. Js, broseph, a PoS is a PoS regardless of any attempts at reparations afterwards.

ugh dont remind me of BCS rn lol I'm so impatient waiting for the next season. little fun fact about Helly, I got into BB thru BCS tbh

Yea, but we've been hitting a brick wall for like 20 consecutive posts. I make an exception for flamewars because my hunger for blood is ravenous and deafening ;0 in my defense, society has trained me to hate the balds and see them as evil incarnate

Comment

It's not the making up that bothers me so much as the fact that he wouldnt have anything to make up in the first place if he had kept his greed ang ego in check tbh. Js, broseph, a PoS is a PoS regardless of any attempts at reparations afterwards.

ugh dont remind me of BCS rn lol I'm so impatient waiting for the next season. little fun fact about Helly, I got into BB thru BCS tbh

Yea, but we've been hitting a brick wall for like 20 consecutive posts. I make an exception for flamewars because my hunger for blood is ravenous and deafening ;0 in my defense, society has trained me to hate the balds and see them as evil incarnate
                    Well, yeah, he's still Bald, which is precisely why I specified that it's doubtful that it was preventable.

Glad I'm still only on S3 so I'm not going into withdrawal w/o new episodes. It takes a lot of discipline, but is ultimately well worth it, I would think.

Fair enough. On that note, y-you can call me a variation of "retarded faggot" at least once in every subsequent post (not strictly itt) if y-you'd like. Y-You don't have to, t-though.

Good. Balds are anomalous; the Devil-King's lowliest creations.
                    Last edited by Oneiros; March 11th, 2018, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Well, yeah, he's still Bald, which is precisely why I specified that it's doubtful that it was preventable.

Glad I'm still only on S3 so I'm not going into withdrawal w/o new episodes. It takes a lot of discipline, but is ultimately well worth it, I would think.

Fair enough. On that note, y-you can call me a variation of "retarded faggot" at least once in every subsequent post (not strictly itt) if y-you'd like. Y-You don't have to, t-though.

Good. Balds are anomalous; the Devil-King's lowliest creations.
                      I typically wait for a full season to be completed before watching, as well, but shit got super-real in season 3. the need i feel to see what happens next is substantially stronger than it had been for previous seasons >_>

b-baka! don't say such things so suddenly! as if i w-would want to, anyway!

Comment

Balds are anomalous; the Devil-King's lowliest creations.

Comment

b-baka! don't say such things so suddenly! as if i w-would want to, anyway!
                          I-It's settled, t-then. Faggy retard. :3

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
                          Kill it -- and yourself -- with Hellfire. Thank you in advance. :D

Comment

Working...
                          X