what are you doing @shek haha

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are you doing @shek haha

Last edited by Oneiros; February 11th, 2018, 06:37 AM.

cant believe he forgot about Walter White SMH

Walter was a respectable family man at the start of the series. The cracks started to show when he developed the Heisenberg persona, an alterego that was concievec in the same episode that Walt went BALD

It was all downhill from there, until the approaching end of the series where Walt tries to redeem himself at the cost of his life, giving his ill-earned blood money to the people he hates the most so they would give it to his children who no longer wanted anything to do with Walter. A truly selfless action that Walt would never recieve any credit for.

And would you look at that, is that a full set of hair?????

When Walt was good, he had hair. When he starts to twist, he goes bald. Then when he laments, he grows his hair back again. The anti-bald narrative is ever-present in society. It seems that the hairist media would want us to believe that only when you have hair on the top of your head are you capable of committing noble acts.
    Last edited by Helly; February 12th, 2018, 03:06 AM.
    Originally posted by #83.6666666667

I need to anonymously suck Helly's dick. I can't, how could I praise the greatest individual in the universe while maintaining my perfect reputation in this fine website?
    "Intelligence, also known as general cognitive function or simply g, describes the shared variance that exists between diverse measures of cognitive ability."

So when they reference intelligence they mean cognitive function. What this means, I do not know.

Comment

It's tru tho

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
        cant believe he forgot about Walter White SMH

Walter was a respectable family man at the start of the series. The cracks started to show when he developed the Heisenberg persona, an alterego that was concievec in the same episode that Walt went BALD

It was all downhill from there, until the approaching end of the series where Walt tries to redeem himself at the cost of his life, giving his ill-earned blood money to the people he hates the most so they would give it to his children who no longer wanted anything to do with Walter. A truly selfless action that Walt would never recieve any credit for.

And would you look at that, is that a full set of hair?????

When Walt was good, he had hair. When he starts to twist, he goes bald. Then when he laments, he grows his hair back again. The anti-bald narrative is ever-present in society. It seems that the hairist media would want us to believe that only when you have hair on the top of your head are you capable of committing noble acts.
        Indeed. Keep in mind that it's a trade-off, however. Yes, Balds are vilified by all (and with good reason!!), but Balds also inherently command respect. Chiklis went from this goofy-looking goofy:

to this stone-cold motherfucker you see before you:

And what did he give up in return? Oh, merely his soul. Something that is immaterial and worthless (seeing as it doesn't have a pricetag, you see).

Similarly, Cranston went from this... whatever:

to:

Well worth it? I'd say so.

Granted, pre-Bald Walter wasn't nearly as "silly" as Hal, but he was still kind of lame--a pushover. Name one person who fucked with Bald (or even post-Bald) Walt and lived to tell the tale, however. lol
        Last edited by Oneiros; February 14th, 2018, 09:31 PM. Reason: auto-resize fucked up my last image, ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Indeed. Keep in mind that it's a trade-off, however. Yes, Balds are vilified by all (and with good reason!!), but Balds also inherently command respect. Chiklis went from this goofy-looking goofy:

to this stone-cold motherfucker you see before you:

And what did he give up in return? Oh, merely his soul. Something that is immaterial and worthless (seeing as it doesn't have a pricetag, you see).

Similarly, Cranston went from this... whatever:

ppp

to:

Well worth it? I'd say so.

Granted, pre-Bald Walter wasn't nearly as "silly" as Hal, but he was still kind of lame--a pushover. Name one person who fucked with Bald (or even post-Bald) Walt and lived to tell the tale, however. lol
          True, but like u said, its at the cost of a mans soul...that would be fine if Walt hadnt had duties and responsibilities. The attributes that make a man a bad ass in one context make him an absolute scoundrel in another

in short, never leave children in the care of a bald

I need to anonymously suck Helly's dick. I can't, how could I praise the greatest individual in the universe while maintaining my perfect reputation in this fine website?
          "Intelligence, also known as general cognitive function or simply g, describes the shared variance that exists between diverse measures of cognitive ability."

So when they reference intelligence they mean cognitive function. What this means, I do not know.

Comment

True, but like u said, its at the cost of a mans soul...that would be fine if Walt hadnt had duties and responsibilities. The attributes that make a man a bad ass in one context make him an absolute scoundrel in another

in short, never leave children in the care of a bald
            "Scoundrel," how? Sure, the Bald was mainly in it for the thrill, for the kill, but he still made a fuckton of cash (all of which he left to his worthless wife and son, by the by) that he didn't once use on himself, iirc. And it's not like he hurt his infant daughter even when he "kidnapped" her. Ironically, it was Skyler who hurt her by smoking packs while she was still in-utero.

No, the lowest thing Walt ever did was the attempt on Jesse's life considering he was more his son than his biological son (Walter Jr. sorry, Flynn, lmao) and he redeemed himself by offering Jesse his head. And the singular moment where Jesse refused to do his bidding was the best moment in the series because he was finally free from the influence of "Mr. White." And so, Walter met his maker... alone and formerly Bald.

But yeah, the Bald definitely fulfilled his obligations in that his ungrateful family would've been set for life well after his death. :/

Comment

"Scoundrel," how? Sure, the Bald was mainly in it for the thrill, for the kill, but he still made a fuckton of cash (all of which he left to his worthless wife and son, by the by) that he didn't once use on himself, iirc. And it's not like he hurt his infant daughter even when he "kidnapped" her. Ironically, it was Skyler who hurt her by smoking packs while she was still in-utero.

No, the lowest thing Walt ever did was the attempt on Jesse's life considering he was more his son than his biological son (Walter Jr. sorry, Flynn, lmao) and he redeemed himself by offering Jesse his head. And the singular moment where Jesse refused to do his bidding was the best moment in the series because he was finally free from the influence of "Mr. White." And so, Walter met his maker... alone and formerly Bald.

But yeah, the Bald definitely fulfilled his obligations in that his ungrateful family would've been set for life well after his death. :/
              Wtf....dude, Walt poisoned a kid, watched Jessie's gf die, and stayed in the meth business long after he got what he needed because he was bitter that got cucked out of a huge business and a potential lifelong partner when he was much younger. Sky was p shit, sure, but ffs man look at all the shit she went thru. her in-law almost died indirectly because of Walt.

nah, man....walt put his family at risk way too many times because of his own ego and greed. he had the option to play it safe several times, especially with Gus, but he kept balding errwhere

Comment

Wtf....dude, Walt poisoned a kid, watched Jessie's gf die, and stayed in the meth business long after he got what he needed because he was bitter that got cucked out of a huge business and a potential lifelong partner when he was much younger. Sky was p shit, sure, but ffs man look at all the shit she went thru. her in-law almost died indirectly because of Walt.

nah, man....walt put his family at risk way too many times because of his own ego and greed. he had the option to play it safe several times, especially with Gus, but he kept balding errwhere
                Yes, Walter's reasons for becoming the Americas' biggest kingpin weren't entirely altruistic, but that's irrelevant to my argument;

Did Walter reap the benefits of his hard work (beyond Bald perks, like efficiently killing people en masse)? Y/N

Hell, even after Skyler and Flynn tried killing him--killing him, in a delicious twist of irony, considering he's supposed to be the unscrupulous Bald--he left their good-for-nothing asses all the money. Also, they were never in any real danger; it was always him and Jesse, maybe Hank. Never mind the fact that Walt tried saving the other Bald, too.

And Walt mainly did those horrible things to ensure that Jesse would continue being his partner instead of doing the smart thing and getting out of the game while he still could. In his own strange and Bald way, he considered Jesse to be a son which makes that particular betrayal amidst all his betrayals all the more vicious and BALD.
                Last edited by Oneiros; February 16th, 2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Yes, Walter's reasons for becoming the Americas' biggest kingpin weren't entirely altruistic, but that's irrelevant to my argument;

Did Walter reap the benefits of his hard work (beyond Bald perks, like efficiently killing people en masse)? Y/N

Hell, even after Skyler and Flynn tried killing him--killing him, in a delicious twist of irony, considering he's supposed to be the unscrupulous Bald--he left their good-for-nothing asses all the money. Also, they were never in any real danger; it was always him and Jesse, maybe Hank. Never mind the fact that Walt tried saving the other Bald, too.

And Walt mainly did those horrible things to ensure that Jesse would continue being his partner instead of doing the smart thing and getting out of the game while he still could. In his own strange and Bald way, he considered Jesse to be a son which makes that particular betrayal amidst all his betrayals all the more vicious and BALD.
                  He almost didnt, actually....in fact, he ~80% didnt, the hwite supremacist cutthroat probs only left him a barrel coz of his nephew or whatever. and yeh they actually were put in danger when walt interfered with gus's plan to whack hank. those acts of goodness you give to him only come about because of problems that walt himself creates.

mike said it, jesse said it, gus prob said it.....all he had to do was mind his post, and everything could have gone amazingly well for Walt. They "had a good thing going". It ran itself like clockwork. Walt threw wrench after wrench into the system, even the perilous meddling of Hank can be blamed on Walt since he (Walt) said that what's-his-face wasn't the real Heisenberg, which led Hank to sniff over every nook and cranny eventually leading the DEA to seek out Gus directly.

Comment

He almost didnt, actually....in fact, he ~80% didnt, the hwite supremacist cutthroat probs only left him a barrel coz of his nephew or whatever. and yeh they actually were put in danger when walt interfered with gus's plan to whack hank. those acts of goodness you give to him only come about because of problems that walt himself creates.

mike said it, jesse said it, gus prob said it.....all he had to do was mind his post, and everything could have gone amazingly well for Walt. They "had a good thing going". It ran itself like clockwork. Walt threw wrench after wrench into the system, even the perilous meddling of Hank can be blamed on Walt since he (Walt) said that what's-his-face wasn't the real Heisenberg, which led Hank to sniff over every nook and cranny eventually leading the DEA to seek out Gus directly.
                    Yes, Walter, in true Bald fashion, Balded all over the place as soon as he became a Bald and Baldly continued Balding up until the very end even though he reverted back to a non-Bald, but gimme a break, lol.

>The Bald put his family at risk
                    >The Bald tried saving his [Bald] brother-in-law
                    >The Bald shouldn't have done that because apparently brother-in-laws don't constitute as "family"
                    >???

Comment

BALD
                      IS
                      POWER
                      Originally posted by Snap
                      "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

Yes, Walter, in true Bald fashion, Balded all over the place as soon as he became a Bald and Baldly continued Balding up until the very end even though he reverted back to a non-Bald, but gimme a break, lol.

>The Bald put his family at risk
                        >The Bald tried saving his [Bald] brother-in-law
                        >The Bald shouldn't have done that because apparently brother-in-laws don't constitute as "family"
                        >???
                        Ok sure if you wanna get all technical your 3rd cousin 5 times removed is family too, but even if we accept the Hank gambit you'll recall that Walt put him in danger as well. like I said previously, Hank was convinced they had gotten Heisenberg until Walt cast doubt upon his certainty, which led the DEA to Gus.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheko View Post
                          BALD
                          IS
                          POWER
                          T R U T H
                          R
                          U
                          T
                          H

Ok sure if you wanna get all technical your 3rd cousin 5 times removed is family too, but even if we accept the Hank gambit you'll recall that Walt put him in danger as well. like I said previously, Hank was convinced they had gotten Heisenberg until Walt cast doubt upon his certainty, which led the DEA to Gus.
                          The key difference between your 3rd cousin 5 times removed and your brother-in-law being, of course, that you see the former maybe once or twice in your entire life (if ever) and you see the latter on a fairly regular basis. So, umm, yeah, brothers-in-law (especially those with whom you've got a good relationship with) are definitely family. Ego trip aside, Walter tried saving Hank numerous times even after he found out his alter ego. Don't try pinning Hank dying doing his job entirely on Walt, lmao.

Comment

T R U T H
                            R
                            U
                            T
                            H

The key difference between your 3rd cousin 5 times removed and your brother-in-law being, of course, that you see the former maybe once or twice in your entire life (if ever) and you see the latter on a fairly regular basis. So, umm, yeah, brothers-in-law (especially those with whom you've got a good relationship with) are definitely family. Ego trip aside, Walter tried saving Hank numerous times even after he found out his alter ego. Don't try pinning Hank dying doing his job entirely on Walt, lmao.
                            Idk dude, walt and hank didnt really seem that close, especially not in the pilot. Feels like Gilligan might've goofed their relationship a bit there because it def feels inconsistent.

anyway, this still doesnt refute my point. Hank felt his job was done, he thought for certain that they had found Heisenberg dead with a bullet in his head. Idk if maybe you're suggesting that Hank wouldnt have let up on the case afterwards regardless of Walt's meddling, but such theories are moot as we do not live in the universe where Walt did right by Gus.

cmon dude, we both saw the same series, we both saw Walt and his ego and him not being able to let Hank continue crediting Heisenberg's work to an inferior chemist and what that had set into motion.

Comment

Idk dude, walt and hank didnt really seem that close, especially not in the pilot. Feels like Gilligan might've goofed their relationship a bit there because it def feels inconsistent.

anyway, this still doesnt refute my point. Hank felt his job was done, he thought for certain that they had found Heisenberg dead with a bullet in his head. Idk if maybe you're suggesting that Hank wouldnt have let up on the case afterwards regardless of Walt's meddling, but such theories are moot as we do not live in the universe where Walt did right by Gus.

cmon dude, we both saw the same series, we both saw Walt and his ego and him not being able to let Hank continue crediting Heisenberg's work to an inferior chemist and what that had set into motion.
                              They broke warm bread together, shared a cold one, and bonded over Walter Jr. (back when he wasn't as much of a faggot). That's sufficiently "close" for a platonic relationship between two guys who don't normally interact in my book.

Also, I don't understand your fascination with Gus...? It's been years since I've seen BB, granted, but I'm fairly certain it was Uncle Jack who put a bullet in Hank's head. Not Gus. Gus had his face /off'd by the evil Bald in the previous season's finale. And fuck right on off with the "right by Gus" bullshit, lol. Gus' idea of thanks was putting slugs in Walt and Jesse's brains. As far as I'm concerned, he did right by Jesse. Ahhhh, aside from poisoning the kid (because, y'know, BALD)... lol
                              Last edited by Oneiros; March 2nd, 2018, 04:08 AM.

Comment

They broke warm bread together, shared a cold one, and bonded over Walter Jr. (back when he wasn't as much of a faggot). That's sufficiently "close" for a platonic relationship between two guys who don't normally interact in my book.

Also, I don't understand your fascination with Gus...? It's been years since I've seen BB, granted, but I'm fairly certain it was Uncle Jack who put a bullet in Hank's head. Not Gus. Gus had his face /off'd by the evil Bald in the previous season's finale. And fuck right on off with the "right by Gus" bullshit, lol. Gus' idea of thanks was putting slugs in Walt and Jesse's brains. As far as I'm concerned, he did right by Jesse. Ahhhh, aside from poisoning the kid (because, y'know, BALD)... lol
                                Semantics

Well, the discussion we're having right now has to do with Walt's reckless endangerment of those around him. Gus was one person that Hank could have missed entirely, but instead they were put on a collision course with each other because of Walt.

To my knowledge, Gus had no intention of killing neither Walt nor Jesse until things got out of hand because of -- you guessed it -- Walt's actions. Jack might've been the one to off him in the end, but Gus was set on doing the same. Just because he failed, that does not erase the fact that the danger was brought about by The One Who Knocks in the first place

Comment

Semantics
                                  No. It's not "semantics." You tried to downplay their relationship by making them out to be practical strangers (akin to a 3rd cousin 5x removed indeed, rofl). Yeah, no. They weren't bosom buddies, but they were reasonably close.

Well, the discussion we're having right now has to do with Walt's reckless endangerment of those around him. Gus was one person that Hank could have missed entirely, but instead they were put on a collision course with each other because of Walt.
                                  I'm not interested in debating what-ifs. Hank wasn't killed as a result of being put on a collision course with Gus by Walt so it's completely irrelevant to the debate at hand.

To my knowledge, Gus had no intention of killing neither Walt nor Jesse until things got out of hand because of -- you guessed it -- Walt's actions. Jack might've been the one to off him in the end, but Gus was set on doing the same. Just because he failed, that does not erase the fact that the danger was brought about by The One Who Knocks in the first place
                                  Literally delusional. Walt had Jesse kill Gale (the chemist dude) because he was too close to Walt's formula and Walt knew that Gus would have him and Jesse executed as soon as he mastered it -- refer to the episode "Full Measure" -- in spite of his standing "deal" with Walt. Unlike half of Walt's victims, Gus deserved exactly what he got.
                                  Last edited by Oneiros; March 3rd, 2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

No. It's not "semantics." You tried to downplay their relationship by making them out to be practical strangers (akin to a 3rd cousin 5x removed indeed, rofl). Yeah, no. They weren't bosom buddies, but they were reasonably close.

I'm not interested in debating what-ifs. Hank wasn't killed as a result of being put on a collision course with Gus by Walt so it's completely irrelevant to the debate at hand.

Literally delusional. Walt had Jesse kill Gale (the chemist dude) because he was too close to Walt's formula and Walt knew that Gus would have him and Jesse executed as soon as he mastered it -- refer to the episode "Full Measure" -- in spite of his standing "deal" with Walt. Unlike half of Walt's victims, Gus deserved exactly what he got.
                                    Dude what I mean is, compared against my (hypothetical) wife and (hypothetical) two children IDGAF about any in-laws.

Well, again, we're talking about endangerment - or, at least, we were initially. Idk if you forgot or ur tryna be a sneaky sammy, but in any case I can't overlook it just because Walt (temporarily) saved Hank's life, the fact of the matter is Hank was put in that situation because of Walt in the first place thus he endangered family.

One of us must be remembering some details wrong, then. The way I recall it, Walt was completely safe when he started with Gus. Hell, even after he insisted on firing whats-his-name for Jesse, Gus was mostly cool with it. But Walt kept messing up after that, and in the end Gus had to fire him and threatened his family rather than Walt himself thanks to Jesse's insistence that Walt be let to live. I don't remember Gus ever making any attempts on Jesse's life, either, at least certainly not before Jesse teamed up with Walt to kill Gus.
                                    Last edited by Helly; March 5th, 2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Dude what I mean is, compared against my (hypothetical) wife and (hypothetical) two children IDGAF about any in-laws.

Well, again, we're talking about endangerment - or, at least, we were initially. Idk if you forgot or ur tryna be a sneaky sammy, but in any case I can't overlook it just because Walt (temporarily) saved Hank's life, the fact of the matter is Hank was put in that situation because of Walt in the first place thus he endangered family.

One of us must be remembering some details wrong, then. The way I recall it, Walt was completely safe when he started with Gus. Hell, even after he insisted on firing whats-his-name for Jesse, Gus was mostly cool with it. But Walt kept messing up after that, and in the end Gus had to fire him and threatened his family rather than Walt himself thanks to Jesse's insistence that Walt be let to live. I don't remember Gus ever making any attempts on Jesse's life, either, at least certainly not before Jesse teamed up with Walt to kill Gus.
                                      Ofc not, but when did Walt prioritize Hank over shitty Skyler and Flynn anyway? Not ever, so this line of thought it is entirely extraneous.

Again, Walt and Jesse took the lion's share of the risk. Sure, Walt's family was endangered by him at times, but let's get real; he's Heisenberg; they were never in any real danger, other than from him. Even Gus got Bald'd to death by the Bald despite his own innate Baldness.

It's definitely you. At the start of S3, Walt didn't even want to cook anymore. By the end of S3, Jesse was inducted into the Bald Brotherhood by killing Gale because failing to do so would've resulted in a bullet in the Bald Duo's heads instead. Now, you can try to blame Walt for everything like you've been doing, but it should be obvious that someone as ruthless and evil as Gus (who's likely second only to Heisenberg himself), is unscrupulous and more than capable of doing just that. I mean, the man threatened the Bald's infant daughter, ffs. And in spite of everything, things only came to a head near the end of S4, which means you can't pin it all on Walt no matter how much you'd like. Gus was a bad, bad man.

Comment

Ofc not, but when did Walt prioritize Hank over shitty Skyler and Flynn anyway? Not ever, so this line of thought it is entirely extraneous.

Again, Walt and Jesse took the lion's share of the risk. Sure, Walt's family was endangered by him at times, but let's get real; he's Heisenberg; they were never in any real danger, other than from him. Even Gus got Bald'd to death by the Bald despite his own innate Baldness.

It's definitely you. At the start of S3, Walt didn't even want to cook anymore. By the end of S3, Jesse was inducted into the Bald Brotherhood by killing Gale because failing to do so would've resulted in a bullet in the Bald Duo's heads instead. Now, you can try to blame Walt for everything like you've been doing, but it should be obvious that someone as ruthless and evil as Gus (who's likely second only to Heisenberg himself), is unscrupulous and more than capable of doing just that. I mean, the man threatened the Bald's infant daughter, ffs. And in spite of everything, things only came to a head near the end of S4, which means you can't pin it all on Walt no matter how much you'd like. Gus was a bad, bad man.
                                        He kinda did when he told Saul to warn Hank about another attempt on his life after Gus took him out to the desert and threatened his family. Yea, he was planning on disappearing along with his family shortly thereafter, but I wouldn't trust even that could have gotten him away from Gus tbh.

I mean, they had plot armour, sure, but that doesn't really matter when we're analyzing the show from an IRL point of view where we don't know if things will turn out okay or not. If BB were a documentary on a real occurrence , we'd view Walt as an impulsive sociopath regardless of how well-off his family ended up.

But what made him change his mind? That's what I forgot, but I definitely remember that Walt had a good thing going with Gus before he started....yknow...bald'ing. Gus was ruthless, sure, but he never struck me as the type who would off someone without .a reason. That's not to say that I think highly of him, far from it, but his ugly side only came out whenever Walt would step out of line. Gus is not without blame, but Walt could have easily avoided causing as much conflict as he did.

Comment

Working...
                                        X