Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anime 18 is a dude

prof mee rong hatters

Mango will post nudes just to prove you wrong.

Comment

And people in hell want ice water.

" The work of the gods is over. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
        Mango

Comment

I used to have the thread where he got ragged on so hard that he admitted it, was on my old mvc profile.

Something like

" Lol dudes, most of you actually believed me though"

Shame that its gone with MvC.
          Last edited by Zeroextra; February 13th, 2018, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I thought it was Kelby. *Glimmer* Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post
              And people in hell want ice water.
              It's funny because hell was never described as warm in the bible.

But it's cute when you try to act smart~<3

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

Fire and brimstone. I'd say that's more than warm.
                Last edited by Darkseeker1379; February 13th, 2018, 11:52 PM.

" The work of the gods is over. "

Comment

Manime18
                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                  Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

Uhhhh

"And he will be tortured with fire and sulfur in front of the holy angels and in front of the lamb. And the smoke from their torture will go up forever and ever"

Comment

Go fish

Comment

Man, these old jokes just never die... fuck it, whatever.

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Uhhhh

"And he will be tortured with fire and sulfur in front of the holy angels and in front of the lamb. And the smoke from their torture will go up forever and ever"
                        There's actually some dispute over it, lol. I dunno how with that verse.

That's in the same chapter of revelation where Jehovah's Witnesses got the "only 144,000 people can get into heaven," by the way. I wonder if everyone just takes it as metaphorical?

EDIT: No, wait, seems like the theory is it's a translation error, but they don't acknowledge the 'forever and ever' part in that verse. Guess we're just fucked then.
                        Last edited by OrganizationXV; February 14th, 2018, 11:10 AM.
                        Originally posted by Wade
                        It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

Originally posted by Wade
                        I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                          Man, these old jokes just never die... fuck it, whatever.

There's actually some dispute over it, lol. I dunno how with that verse.

That's in the same chapter of revelation where Jehovah's Witnesses got the "only 144,000 people can get into heaven," by the way. I wonder if everyone just takes it as metaphorical?

EDIT: No, wait, seems like the theory is it's a translation error, but they don't acknowledge the 'forever and ever' part in that verse. Guess we're just fucked then.
                          The argument is two fold, one is the fact that there is both the lake of fire, and hell which are described desperately and have had a lot of conflations due to translations. This also depends on what edition of the bible you're reading. As older texts put less emphasis on the fire and brimstone type thing. Even the verse Cid used to try and counter me is one that in context is talking about those who worship the beast and does not say they will be cast down to hell, but that they will burn before others who were not so wicked. Thus not directly stating it's in hell that they will burn.

The second argument against hell being a burning... well hellscape, is that many of the verses in the bible counter the idea of living forever in a sea of fire burning with eternal damnation. Especially considering that eternal life is supposed to be what's granted to the faithful according to the bible and death is the cost of sin and thus those who have sin will simply be dead and cast into hell where their existence ceases to be.

This has lead many to think of the fires of hell simply being metaphorical to the destruction of the sinner's soul. As fire at the time of the Bible's conception was the primary tool of disposal when something's destruction was meant to be absolute.
                          Last edited by J peth; February 14th, 2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X