Is silence evil?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is silence evil?

What does it say about society when "the quiet ones" are targeted, hated and feared? Are they correct? Should these individuals be seen as threats? Are they really some kind of unholy abominations that seek to make everyone miserable?

Why do people even feel this way?

Why am I asking so many questions?
    "I am many things, Kal-El. But here, I am God." -Darkseid

I have fouled Paradise beyond repair and broken in the mire the shining cities of the Gods! I have won! Is this vanity? Then I will remake the entire universe in the image of my soul...And when at last I turn to look upon the eternal desolation I have wrought...I will see Darkseid, as in a mirror....and know what fear is.

-Darkseid

Uhhhh...not "evil," but not normal and possibly indicative of at least some sort of issue. They could also be, however, simply not engaged with much of the world around them. I don't blame 'em in those regards.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667
    2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

i thought its golden

Comment

What do u mean specifically by quiet ones

Comment

Lets be real here. Anyone who shows any sign of intelligence is treated as a threat. Whether they're silent or not. We live in a society where smart people are demonized by people in power.

" The work of the gods is over. "

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
            Uhhhh...not "evil," but not normal and possibly indicative of at least some sort of issue. They could also be, however, simply not engaged with much of the world around them. I don't blame 'em in those regards.
            Pretty much how I see it. Problem is though, why should they be seen as the representative of abnormal behaviour?

Recently, in Jamaica a mob of people broke into a facility, killed a pedophile and hung him (after he was dead even) in the middle of town.

I'm sure many would call them normal, or at least before this incident.

Of course, who can forget the "dreaded" candle wielding Nazis of 2017 America?

Either our standard of abnormal is too small, or people should stop judging others on outer appearances. I would go with the latter thought.

Originally posted by Beholder View Post
            i thought its golden
            That's good to hear. Most people take it as a personal affront to them particularly in more outgoing societies.

Originally posted by Chara View Post
            What do u mean specifically by quiet ones
            Withdrawn or shy.

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post
            Lets be real here. Anyone who shows any sign of intelligence is treated as a threat. Whether they're silent or not. We live in a society where smart people are demonized by people in power.
            Truth. I don't mind if it makes them as cool as Elon Musk though. It is an appropriate sacrifice.
            Last edited by Debator; February 9th, 2018, 09:22 PM.

I have fouled Paradise beyond repair and broken in the mire the shining cities of the Gods! I have won! Is this vanity? Then I will remake the entire universe in the image of my soul...And when at last I turn to look upon the eternal desolation I have wrought...I will see Darkseid, as in a mirror....and know what fear is.

-Darkseid

Comment

Originally posted by Debator View Post
              Withdrawn or shy.
              There's nothing wrong with them

Comment

• Debator
                Debator commented
                Editing a comment
                This guy gets it.

There's nothing wrong with be reserved in general, but when its comes to the beta types who avoid eye contact and hate every other person because of their own shitty insecurities, it's time to make snuff films

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                There's nothing wrong with be reserved in general, but when its comes to the beta types who avoid eye contact and hate every other person because of their own shitty insecurities, it's time to make snuff films
                That doesn't sound healthy.

-Darkseid

Comment

Originally posted by Debator View Post
                  What does it say about society when "the quiet ones" are targeted, hated and feared? Are they correct? Should these individuals be seen as threats? Are they really some kind of unholy abominations that seek to make everyone miserable?

Why do people even feel this way?

Why am I asking so many questions?
                  To actually answer

It's stupid
                  No
                  No
                  No
                  They're stupid
                  Idk

Comment

Working...
                  X